Founded in 2004, SiteGround powers 500,000+ domains worldwide. They are known for affordable and reliable hosting solutions and offers services in shared, dedicated, cloud and reseller categories.
Having 4 data centers in different locations like United States, Netherland, UK and Singapore, SiteGround manages to give a great speed to your website round the clock.
I am hosting one of my education website on SiteGround since one year and here I will take you to detailed insight of SiteGround hosting features such as, one click WordPress installation, Free website transfer, Integrated CDN with CloudFlare and Inbuilt security make them friendly even for a non-technical person.
On the top of all these, SiteGround hosting is officially recommended by WordPress. Besides SiteGround, WordPress recommends Dream Host and BlueHost too.
I have attached an screenshot below, also you can check here, what WordPress tells about SiteGround.
Other features form SiteGround include :
- One Click WordPress installer – This feature let you setup your website within minutes.
- Staging Area – Make changes to your website without touching a live one.
- WP AutoUpdate – Latest version of WordPress is automatically updated
- Inbuilt cache system– “SuperCacher” feature have 3 levels of caching for an ultra-fast website.
- WP-CLI (WordPress command line interface) – With this you can update installed plugins, configure multisite installs and much more, without using a web browser.
- Pre-installed Git interface
- Automated monitoring and daily back-up
- Free SSL certificate for all hosting accounts
Performance and Uptime
While searching for a reliable hosting, what matters most at the end is its overall performance.
No matter, a hosting provider offers you a hell lot of features but its speed and uptime make an impression. Uptime is the critical component and a measurement of the overall health of a website, so higher the uptime, healthier the website.
And I must say, SiteGround care for it. My friend Paul ( A hosting expert on hosting.review) monitored one of his websites running on SiteGround and result is quite satisfying.
There are three plans offered by SiteGround in shared hosting category ie. StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek. Each plan is customized intelligently to target particular category of websites.
If you want to host single website having visitors around 10K/month, Startup plan is the best.
GrowBig plan is for those, who want to host multiple websites. The condition is that total visitors/month on all websites should be 25-30K only. Either you host a single website or multiple websites, depends upon you.
While GoGeek plan offers a lot of advance developer features and targeted to very high traffic e-commerce websites. This plan supports multiple websites too and is suitable for 1 lac visitors per month.
In addition to all the above features like staging area, autoupdate, easy installation and free SSL certificate, they offer great instant customer support. All these things in such a low price range is another reason to go for SiteGround.
There are no major cons but I would like to include these two.
- First is limited visitor plans.
- Second, if you want to use another CDN ( Content Delivery Network), like Akamai or MaxCDN, you will have to use third party cache plugins like W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache plugin. By default, SiteGround uses CloudFlare.
Summing Up :
With SiteGround, you and your website visitors are not going to compromise with speed, up-time and security at any point of time. They assure that you get highest level of satisfaction with their service. There is nothing negative to write about SiteGround hosting, it’s really good. Go for their amazing service and have peace of mind.
If you want to dive deep into SiteGround’s detailed technical aspects and customer service experience, I highly recommend you to have a look into Paul’s guide to SiteGround.
Please share your experiences with SiteGround in the comment section, it will help people looking for a good hosting for their websites.