Title: Jack P Holman Heat Transfer Book
About The Book:
Jack P Holman Heat Transfer book by is extremely popular book among students as well as teachers. This book is a complete package for the students preparing for competitive examinations because of well illustrated and well-organised concepts and with many exemplary problems.
It covers conduction, convection, and radiation in a detailed way so that you will not feel to switch to any other books at any point in time. There is also little thermal engineering concepts covered in this book as a bonus, so don’t hesitate to give it a try and I promise that you will not regret.
- Concept of thermal conductivity
- Reason of having thermal conductance in metals, non-metals, and fluid
- Variation of thermal conductivity with temperature
- Conduction heat transfer
- Concept of Fourier law
- Applications of Fourier law in real problem
- Steady state one-dimensional heat conduction
- Physical applications of real problem and their solutions
- Unsteady state multiple-dimension heat transfer
- Applications of Biot law
- Concept of internal and external resistance
- Gauss seidel approximation unsteady state problem
- Isothermal surface
- Principles of convection
- Fluid concept in heat problem
- Heat transfer along a flat surface
- Constant heat flux and boundary layer problem
- High heat transfers problem
- Empirical relations for natural and forced conception
- Properties of heating surface such as absorptivity, black surfaces, gray surfaces
- Radiosity, algebra of radiation heat transfer emissive power
- View factors and Stephen Boltzmann law, shape factors
- Condensation and boiling
- Vertical or natural condensation
- Tube bank condensation
- Concept of fouling factors
- Heat exchanger
- Concept of overall heat transfer coefficient
- Types of heat exchanger
- Ltd method and nut method of efficiency calculations
- Comparison of heat exchanger, performance
- Mass transfer
- Concept of diffusion single channel diffusion
- Design analysis of heat transfer and excel solution of the problem.
If you liked, please share it and if you want any book, drop a comment in the comment section below or contact me.
Please buy the hard copy of the book and support the author.