Title – Fundamentals of kinematics and Dynamics of Machines
Author- Oleg Vinogradov
About the Book:
The study of kinematics and dynamics of machines lies at the very core of a mechanical engineering background. Although tremendous advances have been made in the computational and design tools now available, little has changed in the way the subject is presented, both in the classroom and the professional references.
The subject of this book “Fundamentals of kinematics and Dynamics of Machines” is kinematics and dynamics of machines and mechanisms, and Mathematica is used only as a tool. In my view, it would be detrimental to the subject of the book if too much attention were placed on a tool that is incidental to the subject itself.
So in the book the two, the subject and the tool, are presented separately. Specifically, the Appendix shows how Mathematica can be used to illuminate the subject of each chapter.
The Problems and Exercises at the end of each chapter are also split into two types: Problems, that do not require the use of Mathematica and emphasize understanding concepts, and Exercises, based on Mathematica, that require students to perform analysis of mechanisms.
The second type I call projects since they require homework and a report. If you want a deeper knowledge of the theory of machines, do give it a read.
Features of the Book:
- Provides a unified approach to the analysis of planar mechanism and gives an introduction to vibrations and rotor dynamics.
- Offers an integrated presentation of theory and practice that allows readers to more quickly develop the skills needed to solve complex problems.
- Gives two types of problems in each chapter, one using “Mathematica” software to analyze mechanisms, the other emphasizing concepts. (You can download “Mathematica” below)
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Kinematics and Dynamics Mechanism
- Kinematic Analysis of Mechanisms
- Force Analysis of Mechanisms
- Introduction to Linear Vibrations
Follow Edu Informer for all the updates and important news right into your inbox. Share the words.
Please consider hard copy of fundamentals of kinematics and dynamics of machines. It’s interesting to read, support the good work.