Title: Engineering Fundamentals
Author: Roger L. Timings
Engineering Fundamentals by Roger L. Timing is an advanced version of author’s previous book, fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
This book is written keeping engineering students form all branches in mind, especially mechanical engineering because it discusses basic things that every engineer should know.
The book covers various topics of interest and the language used is lucid, overall making it an interesting read.
Table of Contents:
- General health and safety engineering
- Establishing effective working relationships
- Handling engineering information
- Engineering materials and heat treatment
- Engineering drawing
- Marking out
- Basic bench fitting
- Drilling techniques and drilling machines
- Centre lathe and turning techniques
- Milling machines and milling techniques
- Grinding machines and processes