You’re here to download the full version CATIA for free, right? But before getting the software, let me introduce you the CATIA, it’s features and setup guide.
Conceived, developed and introduced by the French company Dassault Systems, CATIA, an acronym for Computer Aided Three-Dimensional Interactive Application, is one of the most widely used multi-purpose 3-D Modelling software for CAD (Computer-Aided Design), CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) and CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering).
While the software finds its application in almost every sector because of its immense need in every stage of the manufacturing process, some of the sectors where the software is primarily used are Medical, Aerospace, Machinary, Defence, Construction, Automotive, and so on.
From Boeing- the world’s largest aircraft manufacturer, to BMW to Philips, almost every company takes help of CATIA in in the creation of composites, molded, sheet metals, 3-D parts, and validate complex design and shapes.
• For 2-D and 3-D modelling and prototyping, the software has drawing and customization tools which aid in the modelling of complex mechanical components, designs and the assemble process
• Advanced and sophiscated 3-D modelling tools which are used in the entire process of manufacturing- from conceptualization, to modelling and implementation
• CATIA also has an important feature wherein it supports the programming languages such as C, C++ and Visual Basics in the design process.
• Companies from different locations can work together through Global Collaboration network tool embedded into the software package
• Advanced CAD, CAM and CAE software can be used in the process of modelling, designing circuits and HVAC systems
• CATIA as a Product Lifecycle Management software helps companies in addressing the entire product development, from scratch to the complete product
• Geometric-modelling features helps them to use product design knowledge in a productive and integrated manner, in order to speed up their response to the market demands
• Saves both time and money, from concept design to manufacturing as the software tool provides all the assistance needed in preparing a product and prevents the need to restart the design process
• Takes corrective measures and actions wherever necessary by way of behavioral prediction
• fuses CATIA CPD throughout the manufacturing systems
• CATIA helps to build prototypes and convert them into real products with 100% precision which saves both time and money because they do not have to repeat the design process due to error.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (32 or 64 Bit)
RAM: 2 GB (minimum)
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free space
Graphics Card: a dedicated memory of at least 1GB (since the software involves graphics content)
Note: Please pause the anti-virus protection while the installation is in progress. The Defender or Firewall may not permit the installation.
1. Extract the Zip file and double-click on the setup file. Wait for the welcome screen to open
2. Click on the button “Next” to proceed further
3. Choose the location where you wish to install the software. The drive “C” is chosen by default
4. Click on “Next” and then on “Install” button to proceed with the installation.
5. To finalize the installation, import the licensing key received though E-mail.
- Open the link : “Get CATIA for free“.
- Click “Buy Now”
- SignUp here, mandatory step.
- During checkout, apply the coupon “CATIA4FREE17″ to get CATIA license, free for 1 year.
*Important Note by Dassault Systems:
Conditions of Eligibility
The Student Edition is available to students enrolled in an academic institution excluding any direct or indirect industrial, commercial and/or business purposes. Participants enrolled in professional training programs are not eligible.
Expected order completion time: 1 to 5 business days.