Engineering materials may be defined as raw materials for various construction and manufacturing purposes in an organized way. Existing engineering materials are also used to produce other materials for a specialized purpose.
Generally, fundamental science such as structure and properties of these materials are studied at engineering level. Also, as a mechanical engineering student, we learn which machining process is suitable for a particular type of material.
Here, we have collected some best books on engineering materials or material science to help you learn this subject from basic to advanced. Click on the name of the book for other options.
1. Modern physical metallurgy & materials engineering by Smallman & Bishop
2. Mechanics of materials by Parviz Ghavami
3. Materials for engineering by John Martin
4. Fundamentals of material science and engineering by William D. Callister
5. Fundamentals of machining processes by Hassan Abdel Gawad
6. Machining Technology by Helmi and Hassen
7. Material selection and mechanical design by Michael Ashby
8. Manufacturing engineering and technology by Serope and Steven
9. Automotive engineering (Lightweight, Functional and novel materials) by Brian & Patrick
10. Essentials of Materials Science and Engineering
11. Engineering materials 1 by Ashbay and Jones
12. Engineering Materials 2 by Ashby and Jones
These were some of the best books on engineering materials. If you want to add something great related to this subject here, you are most welcome.
Disclaimer: These books have been collected from different sources. No copyright infringement intended. If you are author/publisher, please contact us for any query.